My skin use to look bad. I can remember using Noxema and other commercial products to rid my face of the awful looking breakouts, but topical solutions, only worked for a short time.
As I have gotten older and changed my diet, my skin looks the best it has ever looked in my life. I wish my skin looked like this 15-20 years ago. Wow, that’s a lot of years. But we live and we learn.
People often ask me what I use on my skin and I always tell them, them that it is not so much what I use on my skin, but more about what goes into my body that makes all the difference.
Today, I’ll reveal my beauty secrets. Are you ready?
1. Drink water. Years ago, I did not know what water was. I hardly ever drank water. But today, I take water with me every where I go.
2. Green smoothies. I try to have a green smoothie everyday. And when I do not have a green smoothie, I always make sure to eat green leafy vegetables.
3. Stay away from junk food. Junk food as in those foods loaded with unhealthy fats, sugar, white flour, white sugar, and salt. Foods with these ingredients do nothing for your health not to mention your skin.
4. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Some people have told me, I do not like vegetables. I look at their skin and I can tell they do not too much that comes from a plant. Try each day to get your servings of fruits and vegetables in, you will feel and look better too.
5. Use natural products on your skin. When I was using commercial products, I would always have reactions to the products. I have sensitive skin, but since I have started using natural products and keeping skin care simple, I have no issues with my skin being sensitive to the natural products that I use.
6. Stay active. Exercise and move that body. It gets the blood flowing and helps your skin too.
7. Dry skin brushing. This is a form of removing dead skin cells. You can exfoliate your facial skin with a natural product of your choice, but you can exfoliate other skin by dry skin brushing. This helps your skin feel so smooth and soft.
8. Detox/cleanse your body internally. Do 1-2 day juice fast or some type of cleanse to help your body get rid of some of the things that are weighing you down. You will feel good after doing a cleanse and your skin will look good too.
9. Do not let things stress you out. I know when things stress me out, I tend to eat junk foods more during the time of being upset and stressed out. Control your emotions and do not let your emotions control you.
10. Basic skin care regimen. Some people think they need several different products to have healthy looking skin, but that is not the case. Always remember that less is more.
Here is how I keep my skin care regimen simple.
Cleansing: African-black soap or Dr. Bronner’s Magic Tea Tree Soap with Shikaki.
Toning: Witch hazel or rose-water (this is not a step I do all the time, only when I feel my skin needs it.)
Exfoliation: I use Moroccan clay mask only when I needed it.
Moisturizing: I use different oils (argan oil, coconut oil, grape seed oil – not all at once) during the day and sometimes, I will use shea butter at night. There are times when I forget to moisturize.
Products that I must have are Dr. Bronner – Organic Shikakai Tea Tree Body Soap, Certified Organic Argan Oil, and Shea butter.
What are your favorite skin care products?