An old friend approached me on Sunday for my help. My friend had gained a lot of weight and expressed his desire to drop the excess weight and to eat healthier. I was happy to hear that he knew he needed to make some changes and has actually started the process.
I gladly offered him my help. The first thing I asked my friend was, “How do you want to eat?” He responded, “I’m looking into eating vegan and I’ve cut out a lot of meat. Right now, I eat mostly fish.” I told, him I can work with that.
I gave you a little piece of this story to let you know, that it is all up to you to make those changes. My friend was told by his doctor that he needed to change his lifestyle. Quick, fast and in a hurry. I am thankful that I can help him, but most of all, I am happy to see that he has taken the initiative to take control of his health.
Are you trying to lose weight, get your blood pressure under control, or simply want to live a healthier lifestyle? Then here are a few things I suggested to my friend and I think they will help you too.
- Eliminate the stress. Stress will kill you quicker than anything. Remove yourself from those stressful situations.
- Start walking. Go for a a short walk every evening. Walking is one of the best exercises you can do. It does not cost you anything.
- Drink a green smoothie everyday. Try your best to drink 3-4 cups of green smoothie. If this cannot be done, then make sure you have a large vegetable salad everyday.
- Cut out the refined processed foods. These foods are actually full of sugar and other unhealthy chemicals that most of us cannot pronounce.
- Eat a diet high in plant foods. Fresh fruits, vegetables, seeds and nuts.
- Drink mostly water and cut out the coffee. Try drinking half your body weight in that amount of ounces of water. If I weigh 110 pounds, then I should drink at least 55 ounces of water a day.
- Cut out all fatty animal products. If you are going to eat animal flesh, then go for the leanest meats, but also make sure these animals are organic and free of all growth hormones and steroids.
- Determination. No matter what stay focused and remember why you are making these changes.
There is no reason why you should have health issues. Know that almost any healthy condition can be changed and sometimes alleviated, by simply controlling your fork.
Your health is your wealth!