I’ll write a guest post and get a link to my blog. I can even get some decent traffic and possibly gain a few readers.
If you think that all you need to do is write a couple of guest posts and do nothing else, then you are sadly mistaken.
Increasing your traffic and gaining a few readers from guest posting doesn’t magically happen. You must do more!
There are a few other things you must do. I have noticed that some people write guest posts, but they never return to the blog to reply to the comments they receive. Bad move!
Whenever you write a guest post for Become a Healthier You, you should reply to the comments you receive on your post.
If you don’t reply to your comments you will not post here again. What’s the point in guest posting, if you’re not participating in the discussion that you started.
Would you visit someone who never replied to you comments? I wouldn’t! Don’t ever write a guest post and then bounce. If you are posting and bouncing, stop it!
A while ago, I posted an article about guest posting. This article questioned if you should guest post or not guest post.
Writing guest posts are great, but when doing so, you’d better give it 100%. Treat the guest post as if it were a post published on your own blog.
Tips to make guest posting work for you.
1. Write quality guest posts. Don’t write a crappy guest post. Providing value to the readers will help you gain visits as well as loyal readers.
2. Let your personality shine through. Show the readers who you are by being yourself. Readers will engage with you more and leave comments on your posts.
3. Reply to comments. Don’t ever allow anyone to discuss topics by themselves. This is never an acceptable practice.
4. Keep writing.
5. Connect with others and network.
5. Be genuine.
Venturing into the world of guest blogging is little scary, but if you do it right, you can reap some awesome benefits and rewards.
- What do you think about guest blogging?
- Do you have any guest blogging tips?
- The Secret to Getting Your Guest Post Pitch Noticed (pushingsocial.com)
- So You’re Guest Blogging, But Are Your Replying To The Comments? (blazingminds.co.uk)
- Is No One Commenting on Your Blog Post? (earnmoney-fromhome.com)