• apple cider vinegar

Image credit: Veganbaking.net

Some of you might know that I am doing a water fast.  Today makes day three for water fasting.  I am reading The Miracle of Fasting written by Patricia Bragg and following some recommendations from this book.

I added is Apple Cider Vinegar to 12 ounces of water and drank this mixture twice during the day.  I drank the vinegar mixture on day one of my fast, but I did not drink it on day two.

A YouTube subscriber asked me the purpose of adding the Apple Cider Vinegar.  I found a reference, skimmed through the chapters and discovered that apple cider vinegar is good so many things.

There are more ways to use Apple Cider Vinegar, besides drizzling it over your salad or using it in a homemade salad dressing. Apple Cider Vinegar is one vinegar you should never be without.

History of Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar goes as far back as 3000 B.C.  Egyptians stored Apple Cider Vinegar in urns and used it for condiments and preservatives.  It was also used during biblical times.

Hippocrates (father of medicine) treated patients with Apple Cider Vinegar.  He found that it was a powerful cleaning and healing elixir.

What is Apple Cider Vinegar?

Natural organic, raw Apple Cider Vinegar, comes from crushed apples that mature naturally in wooden barrels to “boost” the natural fermentation.

Natural Apple Cider vinegar has a rich, brownish color.  If you hold the bottle to the light you can see tiny formations of web-like substances.  This web-like substance is known as “mother.”  The miracle lies in the “mother.”

Apple Cider Vinegar is Good For:

31. Breaking up mucus
    32. Constipation
    33. Cleaning kitchens and foods
    34. Cleaning bathrooms
    35. Using in laundry
    36. Using on floors, walls and furniture

As you can see, Apple Cider Vinegar is good for many things and I did not list them all.

Discussion: Have you ever tried apple cider vinegar?  How did you use it?

Information Source:
    Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System

• Comments

• 47 comments

How frequently do you fast, water fast? And I think water fasting is good for health and keep weight under control.

Hi HB, I try to fast once a week(sometimes I don't do this every week), but I'm starting a schedule of fasting every 3 or 4 months for 5-7 days. So far things are going well, I'm on day 3. Thanks for sharing! Evelyn

You fast for 5-7 days continuously? Very inspiring. But I can not fast, to be frank.

I'm only going 5. I will end on Friday at sundown. Yeah, I think you mentioned that you cannot fast in one of my other posts. I truly understand. ;) Take care, Evelyn

My grandmother always used to recommend apple cider vinegar as a "cure-all". We grew up gargling with it for sore throats, and yes, it did help. We also used it for several items on your list.

Hi Tracy, Thanks for sharing!

Hello Evelyn :)) Is it good to have the apple vinegar Everyday (twice a day),,wouldn't it cause tooth decay or gastric ulcers in the long-term..?

Hi Ahdab, Yes it is fine. It is not like regular vinegars that you find in the store. I wouldn't take it straight only mixed with water. I don't think it will cause tooth decay, just take care of the oral health. As for gastric ulcers, apple cider vinegar is actually helpful for digestive issues. Take care, Evelyn

Is there any side effect of Apple Vinegar?

Hi Mahesh, Not that I know of, but it is always good idea to do your research. Take care, Evelyn

Thanks Evelyn, I make research on it and after reading many article I conclude that's if we take too much Apple Vinegar then it's harmful for health.

Thanks for sharing. Too much of anything can be harmful. ;)

According to my research the final conclusion is that using by 3 or 4 time in a week is OK.Otherwise it become harmful.

Thanks for your input!

When I'm really ill I drink apple cider vinegar. A full cup in the morning and a full cup at night. It tends to rid myself of any illness quickly - and I always feel better afterwards. I've never done any research on the long-term benefits of using apple cider vinegar; and wonder if you have any leads on good info? I'd like to drink it daily (my grandmother does so) but don't quite know if it would be beneficial. I sure know it's powerful stuff. Because it sure stings going down! ;)

Hi Chrisitan, You drink a cup of apple cider vinegar with nothing else?? I couldn't do that. I just add a tablespoon to 8-12 ounces of water. Yes, it is powerful! Take care, Evelyn

I used it to control hypertension and diabetes and I got off the medication even before I lost all the weight!!!

Hi Qalil, Awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing it! Take care, Evelyn

Hi Evelyn, I've been using ACV for heartburn and on my hair as a clarifyer. I noticed it makes my hair softer. Hope you got a lot out of your fast. I admire you for being able to do a water one.

I hear that ACV is good for removing soap build-up. Okay, I didn't know it could make the hair softer. Thanks for sharing!

"This web-like substance is known as “mother.” " I've never known that apple cider vinegar has this particular substance, let alone apple cider vinegar... Love to follow up with your fasting progress though :)

Hi Angelica, Yes, the "mother" has awesome nutrients. I plan to write a post this weekend. Be on the look out! Evelyn

I'll be looking forward to it, Evelyn :)

Great blog Evelyn. I have always used Apple Cider Vinegar. I actually did research that showed 1-2 tablespoons of honey was not only good to break the taste down. Which you know has to be an acquired one, but honey also carries minerals that in combination with Apple Cider helps promote healthy weight loss and digestion. Braggs is better due to the organic processing to keep it more natural. But if I can't get any I just use regular Apple Cider. I had stopped for a while so I am glad I seen your article. Oh try making a coffe cup of hot water like for tea and adding you Apple Cider and honey in. Elaine

Hi Elaine, Hmmm...tea, acv and honey. I wonder how that would taste? Sounds like it has a very interesting taste. Evelyn

apple cider vinegar is good for treating heartburn and acid reflux too.

Hi David, You're right! Thanks for sharing, Evelyn

Hey Evelyn, So concerning numbers 33 & 34- If I give it to my sons will that make them clean the kitchen and bath? ;) Number 19 is false! I'm living proof! Or maybe I'm not using it enough :)

Hey Aaron, Who knows? Probably not! ;) As for #19, I believe you. :) Take care, Evelyn

Hi Evelyn, Vinegar is an amazing product. I know for sure it works on sunburn :) I like to use apple cider vinegar in pasta salad and pulled pork as a rule! It gives the best flavor out of all the vinegar varieties or at the ones I use anyway. Vinegar mixed with water is also recommended by manufacturers for cleaning stainless pots and pans.

Hi Kathy, Wow, glad to know that it does work on sunburn. ;) Thanks for chiming in! Evelyn

My mother gave this to me as a child, it really is a cure-all, thanks for sharing!

Hi Nathan, Thanks for chiming in!

Hi Evelyn, I don't cook much and all I can do is fry. lol So I got curious about the apple cider vinegar, how different is it with red cane vinegar? Which is better between the two?

Hi Calli, I really don't know the answer to that. I have used red wine vinegar and there is a difference in the taste. The apple cider vinegar I am talking about is raw and organic, not sure about the red wine vinegar. If you can get one that is organic, then it should be fine when using in your recipes. Take care, Evelyn

I see. Thanks for clearing it out. Hmm sorry I have to ask this. Is red cane vinegar the same with red wine vinegar? Lol really sorry I'm so ignorant when it comes to this. But information such as this can really help me in trying to live a healthy lifestyle. :)

Hi Calli, I'm not sure. I've never heard of red cane vinegar. I thought you meant red wine vinegar when you first mentioned it. The only difference I can think of is that red cane vinegar, might have sugar cane in it. Hmm..not sure though?? Take care, Evelyn

Hi Evelyn At last I can comment again on your site. Couldn't get Livefyre to work for me. In the end I emailed their support and they fixed it for me :-) A doctor I knew when I was working in the UK used to prescribe honey & apple cider vinegar for a lot of conditions. At the time we thought it odd. He has been proven right though; as it is an effective treatment that many now choose to take rather than alternative pharmacopia, me included. Have a great weekend Evelyn and so happy I can now comment again here. Patricia Perth Australia

Hi Patricia, Good to see you! I didn't realize that you were trying out Livefyre. Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for sharing and chiming in! Enjoy your weekend! Evelyn

I'm not. Sticking with my commluv comment system for the moment. But some of my favourite blogs have moved to livefyre and I was having problems with being able to comment on their posts! Must say the support at livefyre is very prompt. They sorted it for me pronto. Was very impressed. Patricia Perth Australia

Okay! I tried LiveFyre on this blog and the readers did not like it. But yes, there are some blogs that have switched to LiveFyre. I actually like it. Maybe I'll use from the beginnging whenever I start a new blog. :) Take care!

Thanks, Evelyn for sharing this. I'll be adding this item to my grocery list next week! :-)

Hey Jennifer, Cool! Thanks for stopping by! ;)

i been taking acv for about 4weeks now .i take it 2 times aday. iam off my lisinopril for high blood presser and also not taking my omeprazole for my reflux ill keep taking it so good to get off these meds.

Hi Michael, Wow, that's great! Thanks for sharing! Evelyn

[...] as well as less stressful for numerous men and women. Apple cider vinegar cures DO often work! Apple cider vinegar cures appear to have been utilized hundreds of years to eliminate health issues ...y and feathered friends like it, [...]

I don't think so that fasting is good. I do fasting on ash Wednesday, holy Thursday and Friday. For the rest of days, I'm with my diet but I don't practice fasting.