Last Monday, I turned 40 years old. I know this post is late, but I had to write this when I felt ready.
I can’t believe I am telling you that I am 40 years old, because for some reason, I can’t stand to hear the number 40 come out of my mouth and I even have an issue typing the numbers.
Saying and typing the number really sounds old to me. I’m sure I’ll get use to it sooner or later. Better yet, I just won’t say the number at all.
One thing I can say is that when I do tell someone my age, they do a double and triple take looking me up and down, because they can’t believe that I am the age I say that I am.
I am thankful that I don’t look my age. Then again what does a 40-year-old look like? Not old, I hope!
Today, I’ll share more life lessons that I have learned along the way.
Let’s do this!
40 Lessons I Have Learned
1. Children are a gift.
2. All children are special, not just those with special needs.
3. Don’t hold a grudge against anyone, it’s just not worth the time, energy and your health.
4. Hate kills you and not the other person, so don’t hate.
5. Give people their flowers while they are living, because when they are no longer alive, it really doesn’t matter.
6. Live each day in the moment. Don’t worry about tomorrow, because we have today.
7. I’m an out spoken person, more now than I have ever been. It feels good not letting others run over me.
8. Go for whatever you want in life, what do you have to lose.
9. Smile even when you don’t feel like it, because smiling helps you feel better.
10. If you want to know something, ask. What harm can it do?
11. You don’t have to go to a church building to have a relationship with God.
12. Listen and watch people very closely, because they show you who they are without ever uttering a word.
13. Love everyone, not just those in your particular group or click.
14. I can change how I feel (health), by what I eat and don’t eat.
15. Nothing is always as it seems.
16. Tell your loved ones you love them, because it could be the last time you see them.
17. The media never tells the truth. They only tell you what they want you to know.
18. Nothing lasts forever.
19. You are never too old to live your dreams.
20. Hard work pays off.
21. You can’t help anyone until you have yourself together.
22. All we have is today, so make the best of it.
23. Good things really do come to those who wait.
24. Giving to others is truly a blessing.
25. Don’t let anyone keep you from living the life you want for yourself.
26. Always take good care of yourself, because as you age, it will tell on you.
27. Always say “Thank you,” when someone does anything for you.
28. We never get a second chance to make a first impression, so always be on your Ps and Qs (“mind your manners”, “mind your language”, “be on your best behaviour” – Wikipedia)
29. Never back track once a friendship or love relationship has ended.
30. Accept people as they are, you can’t change them, so live with it.
31. Men and women are different, we are not the same.
32. Do what you are passionate about the most, because when you get tired, you will not quit what you love the most.
33. Taking breaks and time for yourself helps you stay focused.
34. You are only as good as you think. You must believe in yourself!
35. Show people you care by your actions and not by words only.
36. Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
37. Your words can heal or they can kill. Choose your words wisely.
38. Death is inevitable, we cannot live forever, so make the best of life while you can.
39. Forgiveness is a healer, so forgive freely and move on with living.
40. We only live once and we only have one body. Take good care of both (your life and your body)!
- Just because you are older than me, doesn’t mean you know it all. Be open to learn from anyone even if they are younger you are.
- Believe more of what you see and less of what you hear.
If you want to add to this list, please feel free to do so.