Fall Equinox is coming up very soon and some people fast, cleanse/detox their minds, bodies and spirits during this time. I won’t get into what the Fall Equinox is, but if you like to learn more, timeanddate.com explains it very well.
Fasting isn’t for everyone, but it is good for you. If you can fast for one day, you will feel a difference.
I was looking through one of my books and came across a list of benefits from fasting. You can find this list in Bragg Healthy Lifestyle: Vital Living to 120 on page 95.
Benefits from the Joys of Fasting
- Fasting renews your faith in yourself, your strength and God’s strength.
- Fasting is easier than any diet.
- Fasting is the quickest way to lose weight.
- Fasting is adaptable to a busy life.
- Fasting gives the body a physiological rest.
- Fasting is used successfully in the treatment of many physical illnesses.
- Fasting can yield weight losses of up to 10 pounds or more in the first week.
- Fasting lowers and normalizes cholesterol, homocysteine and blood pressure levels.
- Fasting improves dietary habits.
- Fasting increases pleasure eating healthy foods.
- Fasting is a calming experience, often relieving tension and insomnia.
- Fasting frequently induces feelings of euphoria, a natural high.
- Fasting is a miracle rejuvenator, slowing the ageing process.
- Fasting is a natural stimulant to rejuvenate the growth hormone levels.
- Fasting is an energizer, not a debilitator.
- Fasting aids the elimination process.
- Fasting often results in a more vigorous marital relationship.
- Fasting can eliminate smoking, drug and drinking addictions.
- Fasting is a regulator, educating the body to consume food only as needed.
- Fasting saves time spent marketing, preparing and eating.
- Fasting rids the body of toxins, giving it an internal shower and cleansing.
- Fasting does not deprive the body of essential nutrients.
- Fasting can be used to uncover the sources of food allergies.
- Fasting is used effectively in schizophrenia treatment and other mental illnesses.
- Fasting under proper supervision can be tolerated easily up to four weeks.
- Fasting does not accumulate appetite; hunger pangs disappear in 1-2 days.
- Fasting is a routine for most of the animal kingdom.
- Fasting has been a common practice since the beginning of man’s existence.
- Fasting is a rite in all religions; the Bible alone has 74 references to fasting.
- Fasting under proper conditions is absolutely safe.
- Fasting is a blessing.
- Fasting is a way of life – Allan Cott, MD
- Fasting is not starving, it’s nature’s cure that God has given us. – Patricia Bragg
Discussion: Have you ever fasted? Are you doing any type of fasting, cleansing/detoxing for the September Equinox?
Evelyn’s Response: Yes, I have and I usually fast 1-2 times a week. I am thinking about it, but don’t know what I’ll be doing. I’ll keep you posted.
Category: Cleansing & Detoxing