I don’t know about you, but when I need some motivation, I refer to words, phrases, and pictures to give me a little pep. If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know that from time to time, I share motivational and inspirational quotes and/or messages.
Why? Well, sometimes you need a lift in your spirit. Something that lights a fire under you that wakes you up and gets you moving. It is always good to have something to read or a photo to see that helps you get up and get back on track. Sticking to a health and fitness routine is not easy. Stumbling blocks are sure to come, but you must get up and keep moving.
Here are a 10 quotes to help you stay motivated and inspired to continue your health and fitness journey:
1. The secret of getting ahead is getting started. – Mark Twain
If you want to be healthy and fit, you must start where you are. Once you start and stick with it you will eventually arrive at your destination.
2. Strive for progress, not perfection. – Unknown
Don’t focus on perfection because your eyes will be so fixed on achieving perfection that you don’t even move forward or make any progress. Fix your eyes on moving and working toward what it is that you want to accomplish and soon you’ll be there.
3. It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not. – Anonymous
Stop focusing on what you are not and what you cannot do. Instead focus on what you can do and go for it.
4. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryan
What are you motivated to do? Eat healthier, get fit, drink more water, etc. Remember, the longer you do something, it soon becomes habit or second nature to you, so stick with it.
5. The only way of finding the limits of the possible is going beyond them into the impossible. – Arthur C. Clarke
You will never know what you can or cannot do unless you try. Don’t ever say something is impossible, when you have yet to give it a go.
6. You cannot plough a field turning it over in your mind. – Unknown
You can think a thing through and through, but if you don’t get out there and get in the thick of things, what’s the use. Be a doer and take action.
7. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you want something bad enough you have to go get it. You must be enthused and a go getter. Get excited and get it!
8. Men’s best successes comes after their disappointments. – Henry Ward Beecher
Disappointed because you didn’t lose the weight you wanted to lose, or that you can only do a few push ups? I say to you, push through it all and know there is success. Just when you are about to give up, you get the strength and power to help you stick with it a little longer.
9. You live longer once you realize that any time spent unhappy is wasted. – Ruth E. Renkl
This quote hits home for me. Things will come that will break your spirit, but you can’t let it break you, you break it, because life is about making the most out of what you get.
10. Just Do It. – Nike
Stop saying that you are going to do this or going to do that. Set your mind to it and just do what you have to do.
Question: Do you have some favorite quotes? Do share!
Congratulations to: Tatianna, author of LovingFit.com for making You Tube Partner, “You GO girl!!”
Category: Healthy Lifestyles