Uttoran Sen is our guest blogger today.
Raw foods are some of the nature’s biggest gifts, they are pure, uncooked and one can just eat them fresh. All you have to do is, wash and eat.
While there is no end to raw foods, here in this list we will focus on certain raw foods that boost our immunity and helps us fight cold and cough better. With the rise of all these new types of viruses and flu, a healthy and strong immune system should never be underestimated.
A small note of disclaimer before we dive into the points, while natural herbs and raw foods are excellent to both prevent and cure cold, do not substitute it for professional treatment by a doctor.
1) Tulsi – This is a common Indian herb. Try planting a tulsi plant in your home, that way you will always have an endless supply of this magic herb. For the cold, all you need is to chew 2 to 3 small tulsi leaves and that is enough to give you a strong immune system. Also, for when you have a cold, this can still come in handy, as it not only helps in preventing cold, it can also cure it.
2) Honey – This raw food has many health benefits, but when it comes to cure cold, honey is just excellent. One table-spoon of honey before going to sleep and in a few days time, the cough will clean up.
3) Raw Garlic – Raw garlic has properties that fight cold; however the small cloves of garlic, especially when eaten raw, tastes worst than any other thing you might have ever eaten. If you can stand it then you surely got a good food to help you out with cold. Just a few cloves are all you need.
4) Josti-Modhu – No, this is not an English name; unfortunately I could not find the English name of this herb. It is an Indian herb, a small piece of this, if kept in the mouth for some time can cure the worst of the coughs and colds. However, one needs to be persistent with it, and no chewing and swallowing, just keep it in the mouth and after some time, throw it out. The taste is pretty bad, if anything on this list can be worst than garlic, this is.
5) Ginger – Wash the ginger and peal it. Then, while making your regular tea, put a few very small pieces of ginger in it and then drink the tea. The taste of ginger tea is great and a few cups of ginger tea, that is – say in the morning, noon and in the evening, three cups should be enough to keep your cold away.
6) Cloves – Put one piece of clove in your mouth, it will have a quick effect and within minutes your coughing will go down. Clove is another very effective Indian herb that works excellent when it comes to heal cold. Cloves have other health benefits as well, such as, it can heal tooth pain.
7) Turmeric – Works excellent with milk. Boil a glassful of milk with one table-spoon of turmeric mixed with it. Cool it a bit so that you can drink it. In the cold winter days, this is a drink that should not be missed.
There are many more raw foods that makes excellent home remedies and battles various diseases, however, do not try to replace it for professional treatment and never try these without the permission of your doctor. Just supplement it with your regular diet and enjoy a healthy, disease free life.
About the Guest Blogger – Author Uttoran Sen is a health enthusiast who likes to cure various diseases by natural and home remedies. He recommends Dexcom to stay healthy and fit.