Those of you who follow me know that I started home schooling my daughter last week. As a result of me home schooling my daughter, I have not had a lot of time to do the blogging activities that I usually do.
My posts have been very few, but that will soon change. I am adjusting and making a new schedule so that I can continue my blogging duties. Blogging duties include, networking, commenting on other blogs, writing and much more.
It takes time for me to do my blogging duties, effectively and I will definitely do an editorial calendar, because I want to post more.
Guest Posting Tips
I posted a status on Facebook and my friend Tamara at Fitknitchick.com, chimed in and she helped me change and see things in a new light. After chatting with Tamara, I decided to put a guest posting policy in writing, which also resulted in a few guest posting tips.
These are the tips came from me changing my guest posting policy:
- It takes time to edit posts. I am getting too many requests, more than I can handle. I want to keep guest posting open, but I cannot allow just anyone to post on my blog.
- Follow the blogger on other forums. Most people who submit requests, do not follow me on other forums (at least I don’t now that they do) and they do not know me or the message that I share with others.
- Spend time reading the blog. If you do not know me and what the common topics are on this blog, how can you relate to the readers of this blog? Why ask me what you should post? Spend some time browsing and checking out the categories so that you have an idea of what we share on this blog.
- Do not push a blogger to publish your post or be demanding. I cannot deal with pushy, demanding people, I do not have the time nor the patience. If I tell you that I am busy, please understand that and do not keep emailing me asking me when your post goes live.
- Know and understand the blogger. If you know me, then you would not be pushy, when getting your article published. Most people understand when I am a little slow on getting their article posted, but then there are those few who do not understand. Those are the ones who only care about getting their links on the blog and they do not know me.
- Keep the readers/followers of the blog in mind. I want the posts on this site to reflect the message and brand of this blog. When that is not happening the readers/followers of this blog can tell.
- You will get by fine without guest posts on your blog. If something comes up and I cannot post articles for a few weeks, I will not be quick to allow other bloggers to post, especially when I do not know them. I would rather not have any posts for a few weeks, than to publish something that does not fit well with this blog and the readers/followers of this blog.
If you want to guest post on any blog, make sure you get to know the owner of the blog. Follow them on other forums and keep in touch with them.
Know the message that they share with their readers and followers. Visit their blog and leave a comments, regularly.
Always be courteous, kind and polite, because you never know who’s watching you!
Feedback and discussion: Feel free to chime in and share!