The last day of the year is here. I had some ups and downs this year, but out of all the things I experienced this year, there were lessons that I take with me into the new year.
Never underestimating the power of the lesson is key to personal growth. Paying attention to those lessons helps you in more ways than you will ever know.
1. It is okay to say no.
2. If you fall down, get back up. It is not the end of the world.
3. Do not allow others to take advantage of your kindness.
4. You cannot please everyone.
5. The only person you can change is yourself.
6. Follow your passion.
7. Be true to your word.
8. Do not settle for less.
9. Surround yourself with like-minded people.
10. Stick to your plan and do not let anyone or anything get you side-tracked.
11. Support others, especially when you believe in their message.
12. Always show love and concern for others.
13. Do not take others for granted.
14. Be happy when you have a little and be happy when you have a lot.
15. You never miss your water until your well runs dry. (well water system at my house gave us problems)
16. Take good care of yourself (mind, body and soul).
Pay close attention to the whispers of the lessons. Take note and never underestimate the power of the lesson!
Discussion: Share with us, a lesson or lessons that you learned this year (2012).
Happy New Year!!
About the author
Evelyn Parham shares healthy living tips and inspiration for your mind, body and spirit. Learn more about Evelyn by visiting the About page. Get blog post updates and news delivered straight to your inbox by signing up here.
The number one j.o.b. lesson that I knew (and heeded) but noticed kept re-surfacing this year: A person who tells the tales of their friends surely will tell yours regardless of whether they say they won't.
The number one life lesson: Make time for faith, family and true friends.
Happy New Year, Evelyn! May GOD continue to BLESS you and your family.
Thanks for stopping by!
I totally agree with you. I recall a saying, "If a dog will carry a bone, it will bring a bone." Same thing you said, but in a different format. Valuable job lesson that can be applied to every day life.
Yes, your life lesson is on my list for 2013. I must do better. :)
Have a blessed and prosperous 2013!