I started water fasting on March 1st and my goal is to fast until March 7th. The purpose of fasting is for cleansing and also for spiritual reasons.
I will not write about the spiritual side of my fast, but I will let you know about the physical.
I will also upload videos to my You Tube channel and if you are interested in viewing those videos, you can check out my channel.
At the time of writing this post, I have not uploaded the water fasting video for day-1. I will include the link to the video, after I have uploaded the video to You Tube. Here is the link.
Why I Water Fast
When I do a cleanse or detox, I do not always do water fasting. I cleanse or detox, based on how my body feels.
I chose water fasting because it is a good way for me to give my digestive system a break.
I also find water fasting to be very cleansing. It gets my mind off food and helps me focus on my body and other things.
Water fasting is very challenging, but is also rewarding. If the mind is set, then the rest of your body will follow.
After I complete a fast, I always feel light in my mind, body and spirit. I cannot explain the feeling, but it is one in which I do not feel weighed down.
I just feel clean and light internally and I am in tune with my senses.
Day 1 of Water Fasting – March 1st
The first day of a fast is usually the easiest day for me, but it can also be the most challenging day.
- My goal for day-1 was to drink a gallon of water, but I did not reach my goal. I will have to work my way up to that, since I am not used to drinking that much water in one day.
- I thought about eating, but had to remember that my only food for seven days is water.
- My stomach growled, especially during those times, when I usually eat, but I ignored it and drank more water.
- My energy level was good.
- I made several trips to the restroom, because I had to pee (urinate) a lot.
- I went to bed earlier than I usually do, which is a good thing.
- I had a headache and that is one of the main reasons, I went to bed earlier than usual.
Overall, my first day of water fasting, went very well. Taking the focus off of eating helps me see things differently.
It is amazing how much food plays a role in our lives and when we do not have to spend time thinking about what to eat, it makes things easier.
Life truly revolves around food and when food is not in the picture, we can truly focus on ourselves.
Until next time….
Image courtesy of Chaiwat / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Category: Cleansing & Detoxing