Staying healthy can be expensive, but is it worth the cost?
Actually, if you analyze your spending over a period of time, it is the unhealthy things that cost the most. Think about it for a second: do you go to a restaurant or a fast food joint, does not it cost more than a meal cooked at home?
While your homemade food will make you tired while cooking it and after eating you will both feel healthy and tired so that you can take some rest, while on the other hand a tasty and unhealthy meal from any fast food joint will make you pay more and additionally your stomach will do the hard work and make you feel unhealthy.
All other costs, be it the electric cost of your air conditioner, lifts (elevators) and other domestic help machines that you use, or the junk food you eat out, the car you use for your commune are all unhealthy expenses that cost you more and does not help with your health.
The alternative is cheaper: travel by foot or cycle, use stairs, wash and clean by your hand, cook healthy food at home, etc. Additionally, it will make you tired which means you will get a good night’s sleep, because these are forms of exercises that will help you in weight loss and staying fit. Your digestion will improve and you will be able to get more out of your life.
In this article, we are going to discuss some healthy things that you should spend your money on.
1) Get a Gym Membership – This can be one of the healthiest things you have ever spent money on. What are your potential excuses against it? The cost is too high? Stop your internet, cut your cable connection, quit watching movies etc. There are so many useless things you can cut back on and save money for the gym membership.
2) Join a Yoga club or hire a Yoga Teacher – It will be better if you hire a real world yoga instructor instead of a virtual one. This will cost you money but in the long term yoga has many benefits. Your blood pressure will become normal, you will start to enjoy the peaceful feeling; the early morning fresh air will heal your internal self. Yoga is surely worth every penny.
3) Buy Healthy Food – Certain foods costs more than others, like nuts, fishes like meat etc. If we go for a wide variety of foods, it will surely cost much more. But this falls under important expenses and should be on top of the priority list. Go for a balanced diet that covers all types of foods.
4) Get a Personal Trainer – One does need some extra care from time to time, depending on your current fitness or your fitness goals, this can be a very good buy.
5) Build a Home Gym – Rather than buying that expensive home theatre system, go for building a home gym. Be choosy while buying the equipments; if possible hire a personal trainer or a gym instructor when going for shopping.
Most of the time we run out of funds when it comes to buying things like exercise equipment etc. but the same does not happen when we need a luxury sofa or a new car or some shiny piece of electronics. Be wise in buying stuff; make a list of important things and not so important ones. Buy priority and healthy things first.
6) Get a Spa – Am sure you have always considered this but mostly found excuses against it. Spa has many health benefits like relaxing, detoxification, better blood circulation etc. It is expensive, but well worth it.
7) Take a Vacation – Everyone needs a time out. The same old – same old, gets too boring and the need for changes comes crashing over our head. Get out, visit some places and get relaxed. From beaches, to nightlife, to cruise ships – the horizon for travel is limitless. This is another expense that should be on the priority list.
8) Do Adventure Sports – This can include a wide variety of things, from rock climbing to rafting, adventure sports just have no limits. Get a professional team or coach before starting it.
9) Get a Health Insurance – Do not discount this point. You need to be prepared for any and all health problems that you may face in later life. No matter how much you try to stay fit and healthy, you cannot escape all diseases, not for ever. Be prepared and stay safe.
10) Get a Check Up – Afraid of tests? Who knows what will come up in the results? But from the same train of thought – if you don’t know, how will you treat it. Most, if not all, diseases can be cured and the sooner you know about it the quicker you will be able to get rid of it. Just make sure to get regular checkups and stay healthy.
Staying healthy has a cost, but so does everything else. Deep down it all comes to what choices we make. The better and healthier our choices are – the better our money is spent.
Category: Healthy Lifestyles