Do you want to stick with eating a plant-based diet, but find it hard to do so? I was once that person. I failed many times, but I never gave up.
Eating a plant-based diet is not easy, especially in a world where eating animal-based foods is the norm.
I see many people who start a plant-based diet and they never stick with it. Why is it that one person can stick with eating a plant-based diet, while the next person cannot?
We are all individuals and I know that individuality and other circumstances play a major role in a person sticking with eating a plant-based diet.
If you really want to eat a plant-based diet, then you will do it. It might take time for you to find diet that is best for you, but you cannot give up.
You have to hang in there through those tough times, because it is during those tough times when you learn the most about yourself.
Here are some reasons why I think it is hard for you to stick with eating a plant-based diet.
- You are not ready for the commitment.
- You are not inspired.
- You have not done research on plant-based diets.
- You do not understand plant-based diet nutrition.
- You are too focused on food.
- You do not have a support system.
- Your family is not supportive of your dietary change.
- Your friends think you are a weirdo.
- You are not sure of yourself.
- You are uncomfortable attending gatherings when there is food.
- You think it is too expensive.
- You think it is an impossible dietary change.
- You let what others say and do affect your food choices.
- You do not know why you are eating a plant-based diet.
- You do not understand the health benefits of eating a plant-based diet.
- You are confused about which plant-based diet is the best diet for you.
- You cannot afford all organic food.
- You think you will have deficiencies.
- You are uncomfortable when people ask you questions about your diet.
- You are confused about what foods you should eat and what foods you should not eat.
- You are afraid you will lose too much weight.
- You are afraid that you will not lose any weight.
- You think you should eat the foods your significant other eats.
- You secretly think that you will not get enough protein.
- A plant-based diet might not be the best diet for you.
If you want to eat a plant-based diet, then do not ever give up!
Image courtesy of artur84 / FreeDigitalPhotos.net