Do you know someone who never takes time for relaxation? Chances are this person is hardly ever at ease and it shows in his/her attitude. The smallest thing that happens in this person’s life is always major.
Not having a relaxed attitude will ultimately create stress in the body. A little bit of stress is a good thing, but carrying stress for a long period of time can be detrimental to your overall health and well-being.
Today, I share with you five reasons you should have a relaxed attitude.
- A relaxed attitude helps you handle stress better. No one is exempt from stress, but your attitude about situations is what makes or breaks you. Stay relaxed and keep calm.
- A relaxed attitude is good for your overall health and well-being.
- A relaxed attitude helps keep you at peace within. Having peace within is beautiful. It is almost impossible to have peace when your attitude is anything, but relaxed.
- A relaxed attitude helps you slow down in life.
- A relaxed attitude helps you be free of worry.
Relaxing is the key to keeping the stress response under control. If you do not have a relaxed attitude the stress response shows up and it will stay with you for a while. You never want the stress response to stay with you for a long period of time. Why? Because prolonged stress does bad things to the body and you do not want that.
Your attitude is relaxed:
- when you are not in a hurry
- when you are not worried
- when you are not stressed
- when you are at ease
- when you are at peace
- when you embrace what is.
Begin noticing your attitude about everything. Ask yourself, “Is my attitude relaxed?” Catch yourself when you notice that your attitude is not relaxed and bring it back to relaxation.
A relaxed attitude = A relaxed mind
“Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” ~ William S. Burroughs
Subscribe to weekly blog post updates and get a monthly message from me. Join here.