Boredom is certain to happen if you do the same thing over and over, but you want to keep things new and fresh. The only way to do that is that you be open-minded by trying new things.
The next time someone asks you if you get bored with eating a plant-based diet, tell the truth. Make sure you tell the person how you keep things fresh and new.
Let them know that it is not easy. Tell them the reason you stick with eating a plant-based diet. Make sure you tell them how eating this way has helped you and much more. You resolve to stick with it (through thick and thin) because you not only know the benefits, but you experience those benefits first hand.
Bored with Eating Plants
The next time you get bored with eating plants do the following:
- Try a fruit or vegetable or any other food, that you have never tried. I tried durian a few years ago and recorded the experience. I can’t tell you that I will rush out and buy durian, but at least I know how it tastes. Since trying durian, I have tried many fruits and vegetables and there’s still more to try.
- Be creative with meal preparations, don’t be scared. The thing I enjoy the most about eating a plant-based diet is that I can make up a recipe as I go. Those usually are some of the best meals, I’ve ever had. I once steamed turnip greens, of course sautéed with onions and garlic and other seasonings and threw in some mushrooms. Best greens I ever had.
- Try dining out at ethnic restaurants. Ethnic restaurants are those whose food is not American. These restaurants usually have a larger vegan food selection on the menu and it is easier to get a meal that suits your dietary needs. The next time you see an Indian, Greek, Tai, Chinese, Italian, or Mexican restaurant (ethnic), give it a try. This will make your taste buds dance.
- Make different types of salads. Everyone thinks all you eat are salads. This holds some truth, but your salads don’t have to be boring. You can make a salad out of almost anything. There are fruit salads, bean salads, corn salads, fruit and nut salads, garden salads, vegetable salads and I could go on and on. I once made a garbanzo bean salad and it was good some eats.
- Try new recipes. You can find a lot of recipes on the internet, as well, as in books. So there is no excuse why you can’t try new recipes. You can prepare so many different types of foods all while making the flavors pop. Let’s say you have a taste for lasagna, well try a plant-based version. Just because you eat plants doesn’t mean that you can’t have your favorites. The next time you prepare a meal, do it up with all the trimmings.
As you can see there is no reason you should ever get bored eating a plant-based diet. Boredom comes when you don’t venture out and try new things. Don’t stifle your creativity!
Be adventurous and try new foods. When you do this, you’ll never look at a plant-based diet the same.
Question: What do you do when you find yourself getting bored with eating plant-based diet? Do share!