The time has come for you to make some changes. You don’t know how and you don’t know when, but you do know that a change must come. You must know the direction in which you will travel. The only way you will know where you are going is to follow your map. We’re traveling old school by using a map and we’re not using a GPS (global positioning system) for this trip.
Be the change to want to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
Your road map is your guide and it will take you where you desire to go. But you must follow the directions on the map. If you do not follow the directions, then you will get lost, frustrated and give up. You do not want to turn around and go back home, you want must keep on moving.
While you are on your path, you may have to stop and rest a little bit. You may even get lost along the way, but you must stop re-group and keep moving in the right direction. It doesn’t matter how long it takes you to arrive at your destination, as long as you arrive.
Map your goals and have a definite route you will travel
What is a goal?
A goal is the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end Dictionary.com
The only way you can expect to achieve your desired goals of becoming a healthier you, is that you must have a plan. Remember if you don’t have a plan, then you plan to fail and we don’t want to fail. You will win!
Old school mapping
- Get your pen/pencil and some paper. We are not using a word processor for this right now. We must write the vision and make it plain. When we write the vision, we can see things a lot clearer.
- Write down what it is that you will accomplish. You may want to lose 20 pounds or give up eating red meat. Whatever it is that you want to accomplish you must write it down.
- Write down the steps you will take to arrive at your desired destination. Your desire is to lose 20 pounds, how will you do this? Take a long look at what it is that you are doing that has caused you to add the extra cushion and then cut those things out of your routine. If it means giving some of your favorite foods and adding healthier ones, then so be it. Whatever it takes and whatever your plan, write it down. *This is your map!
- Follow the directions on your map. You have the steps you will take to arrive at your destination. Implement these steps into your daily routine. You may get sidetracked or sometimes feel totally lost while you are traveling and that’s okay. You may even get tired. If you get tired take some time to rest, regroup and keep pushing/moving.
- Reward yourself. When you arrive at your desired destination, reward yourself with something you’ve been wanting. Always be good to yourself and never be hard on yourself. Being too hard on yourself can cause you stop traveling on your path and you don’t want that. You want to keep moving no matter what. It matters not the speed at which you travel, as long as you arrive at your desired destination.
The only way you will get to where you are going is to know where you are going. To know where you are going, you must have your road map and your plan. Plus, you must also know how you will get to where you are going. Never under estimate the power of the old school map.
These tips can be applied to anything you desire, not just becoming a healthier you. Do you have your map and do you know where you are going?
Your health is your wealth!