Benefits of Yoga is small guest post written by Sudeep Chitnis from http://www.e-swastya.com a blogger, Ayurvedic Consultant with lifestyle medicine as specialty. He writes about health, alternative medicine, lifestyle changes including yoga and Ayurveda.
In the fast paced world when one comes to a yoga class the first question that is normally asked is why should I do Yoga? What are its benefits especially in the world of cardio, thread-mill and so and so.
The answer can be noted as a thesis of doctorate or can be cut shorted in few pointers as this article is. Have a look …
- Being in the Moment: Yoga is a Sanskrit word meaning the union of the mind with the body at any given moment. Basically it is all about being in the present. It is easy to write or read, but really hard to do. Yoga teaches you how.
- Workout: If you work on a tread mill you would work on your leg muscles and heart, while working on weights, one prefers to do different sets of exercise for different muscles of the body. Well if you want a work out which can work all your muscles including small ligaments of the body, then yoga is the answer. No kidding it actually also help you work your brain cells too. Try doing Pranayama.
- Lifestyle Change: Blood pressure, Obesity, Fibromyalgia, Schizophrenia, you name the condition, add yoga to your lifestyle and then see the difference in your health. Medicines do not just heal conditions, a need of a ideal lifestyle is also needed, yoga provides that extra support.
- Stress: Try some yoga poses after a stressful day and see the results in just 5 minutes. You do not need to be master to achieve the desire goal. Modern style brings anxiety, panic attacks, stress, and all that comes with stress, well your answer is yoga for all that.
- Detoxification:Would it be nice to achieve both physical and mental detoxification without any herbal tea or expensive retreats. Well Yoga is an ideal choice… Asana would work in massaging your liver, spleen and all your internal organ cleansing them, while Pranayama would help you to cleanse your brain from all the vices (greed, lust, hate, fear, competition )
After reading all this benefits, do you think you are up for it? Give it a try, who knows you may enjoy it!
About Authorer: Sudeep Chitnis is a blogger, Ayurvedic Consultant with lifestyle medicine as specialty. He writes about health, alternative medicine, lifestyle changes including yoga and Ayurveda.