It is not only important for you to eat a healthy diet, but it is very important that you have an exercise routine. Do you find that your butt is often glued to the sofa or your computer desk chair? Well, it is time that you make a change. Decide today that you will get your butt unglued and get moving.
I am working on being dedicated to working out daily. It is a challenge! I’ve learned that I must exercise everyday, because if I focus on exercising 3 times a week, I end up not exercising at all. Exercising and moving the body is the best gift you can give yourself.
Let’s take a look at what physical exercise and fitness mean. There is a difference!
Physical exercise is any bodily movement that enhances or maintains physical fitness and overall health or wellness.
Physical fitness comprises two related concepts: general fitness (a state of health and well-being) and specific fitness (ability to perform specific aspects of sports or occupations).
In order for you to obtain a certain level of physical fitness, you must first begin moving your body. If you don’t move your body, you will find yourself getting stiff and old before your time. You don’t want that to happen!
Do you think that you don’t have time for exercise? Here are a few things you can do that won’t take much of your time or money.
Don’t become a couch potato, get out there and move your buns.
- Walk as much as you can. It is not hard to do and plus it won’t cost you a dime. Don’t worry about finding a parking space that is closer. Decide that you it will walk and that will not kill you.
- Take the stairs whenever possible. This will not only give your legs a good workout, but it will also get some cardio in.
- Dance and have fun. If you enjoy dancing, then dance to your heart’s content. You will find every part of your body will get a workout from dancing.
- Do some push-ups and sit-ups. Whenever you’re sitting around, do a few push-ups and sit-ups. You will grow to love doing push-ups and sit-ups and soon you will be able to do more and more reps.
- Lift 2-5 pound dumbbells. Grab your weights and do a few reps. You will be amazed that after doing this on a consistent basis that you will begin to develop some definition in your arms. And ladies you know how nice it feels to show off your toned arms.
Have fun everyday. Make everyday a day that you move your body.
Don’t sit around and let your body rust and get old. Always remember that you are the only one who can control how old you feel. Get out there and have some fun!
A few quotes to keep in mind
Always tell yourself, “I will stay youthful, active, happy and healthy.”
“To ensure youthful arteries, exercise is very essential.”
It’s never too late to get into shape, but it does take daily perseverance. – Dr. Thomas K. Cureton – Physical Fitness Pioneer, University of Illinois.
Every man is the builder of a temple called his body…We are all sculptors and painters and our material is our own flesh and blood and bones. Any nobleness begins at once to refine a man’s features and meanness or sensuality to imbrute them. – Henry David Thoreau
You only get one body, so make the most of it!
I enjoy walking, lifting dumbbells, and rebounding. How about you? What exercises do you enjoy?