Good health is something that everyone wants. There are also those who don’t give health much thought until an illness rears its ugly head.
I was one of those persons who had no clue that I could change things, by making healthy lifestyle changes, until I was faced with a health issue.
That health issue lead me down the path of striving to live a healthy lifestyle. As a result of me learning how to improve my health, I discovered my passion.
Today, I enjoy doing research on how to live a healthier life and I am passionate about sharing that information with others.
Taking Charge (a brief story about my cousin)
My favorite aunt told me that my cousin (her daughter) was diagnosed with diabetes. This cousin is very health conscious and I had no doubt that she would make some healthy lifestyle changes.
A few months after I learned about my cousin’s diagnosis, I was chatting with my aunt and I asked her how my cousin was doing. My aunt told me that my cousin was doing very well and has lost 20 pounds.
I was excited because I know that because my cousin is losing weight, that she will feel and that she is on her way to becoming a healthier person.
Ways You Can Take Charge of Your Health
- Eat a healthy balanced diet. I am an advocate for you eating a diet high in plant-based foods. Decrease the amount of highly processed foods that you eat. Know what you are putting in your body and stick with your plan.
- Learn as much as you can. Your health is all you have and it is up to you to learn as much as you can about living a healthy lifestyle. There is so much information out here, but you must be wise and do your research to make sure that you do what is best for you.
- Be a self-starter. If you want something bad enough, you have to go for it. The only way you can go for it is to start. If my cousin hadn’t started making changes, she would have never lost those 20 pounds. You can’t wait for someone to make those changes for you, you have to do it for yourself.
- Stop procrastinating. If you know making healthy lifestyle changes is the best thing for your health, then do it. I am a big procrastinator, but when my back is up against the wall, I will get it done. Don’t let your procrastination keep you from living a healthy lifestyle.
- Stop making excuses. I have an uncle who won’t drink water and he knows that drinking water is better for him than drinking coffee. I told him that he needs to start drinking more water, because it will help his skin along with other things that he has going on. He always says, “I know and I will.” My uncle has yet to drink more water. Do not continue making excuses, because those excuses and cost you more in the long run.
- Take your health seriously. When you take your health seriously, you will do whatever it takes. Taking your health seriously results in you taking action, which brings results. Those results may not happen over night, but do know that the results will come.
- Take action, today. Don’t put off tomorrow, for what you can do today. As long as you are determined you will take action. Determination leads to success, but in order for you to have success, you must take action.
- Never give up. You can take charge of your health and make those healthy lifestyle changes, but you must not ever give up. You may stumble and have a few speed bumps along the way, but always keep your eyes on the goal. No matter how many times you stumble; get back up and keep moving.
Discussion: What are you doing to take charge of your health so that you can make those healthy lifestyle changes?
Image courtesy of Rosen Georgiev / FreeDigitalPhotos.net