Yes, it is healthy for you to express gratitude.
This week is the Thanksgiving week in the United States and Thanksgiving is Thursday of this week. During this time of the year, many express gratitude.
It is important to express gratitude throughout the year and not just on this one day of the year. Express your gratitude everyday.
There is research that suggest that regular gratitude effects one’s psychological and physical health. Who would have thought that?
5 Ways to Express Gratitude
There are many ways to express gratitude. Below is a few ways to express gratitude:
1. Always say “Thank you ” no matter what. **May daughter always makes me smile when she says thank you and she says it quite often.
2. Tell and show those in your life appreciation regularly, never take those in your life for granted.
3. Be genuine in all that you say and do when dealing with others. **People can tell when you’re faking it
4. If you live in a small place be thankful for the roof you have over your head. **There are some who don’t have a place to call home.
5. If you can’t say a word, acknowledge the other person with a smile. No one can resist a smile.
Although this is a short post, I know you get the message of how important it is for you to express gratitude. Don’t let another day go by without thanking someone.
Don’t let being on the internet stop you. Thank those people who cross your path on the internet too. You just might make someone’s day. 😉
Discussion: Feel free to share a few ways that you express gratitude.
- Quotes on Thankfulness and Thanksgiving (psychologytoday.com)
- The Art of Gratitude (simplespaces.wordpress.com)
- Activity Days – Gratitude Journals (kolettehall.wordpress.com)