Experiencing cold weather and need something to warm those bones? Here’s a recipe from Carolyn Aken’s Recipe Corner.
I don’t know about you, but I love lentils and tomatoes, so I know I will enjoy this stew. Here’s the recipe below:
- 3 teaspoons organic coconut oil
- 3 organic carrots, thinly sliced on the bias
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large organic onion, diced
- 1 cup organic lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup organic crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 Tablespoon ground curry
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 cup organic shiitake mushrooms (diced)
- 3 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup organic frozen sweet peas
How to Prepare
1. In a large saucepan, heat 3 teaspoons of the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the carrots, garlic, and onion. Cook until softened.
2. Stir in the lentils, tomatoes, salt, cumin, ginger, coriander, curry, sage, and mushrooms. Add 3 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer; cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
3. Add the peas to the stew and cook for 2 minutes to heat through.
Serve with Vegan Cornbread.
Carolyn Akens is a Holistic Health Coach & Raw Food Educator who is known for her ability to coach women (and men) how to lose weight, how to detox, and how to stop cravings. Carolyn also trains and coaches Raw Chefs and Raw Instructors and teaches raw vegan classes and workshops. Visit www.CarolynAkens.com for your FR*EE gifts…How to Become a Skinny Mother or Grandmother, Raw Recipes, and Healing Foods!