A coconut water fruit Popsicle is a healthy treat and is a good way to stay cool and hydrated on those hot summer days.
My daughter enjoyed helping make these Popsicle. I had never done anything like this before, but she was a good helper.
One of the things I made sure to do was to use one of her favorite fruits (strawberries) and colorful Popsicle molds.
Why Coconut Water?
- is low in calories
- is cholesterol free
- is fat free (the brand I used)
- has less sugar than most sports drinks, sodas and fruit juices
- is high in potassium
- is very hydrating
- helps keep the body cool
Let’s Make Some Popsicles
You can use coconut water only, but how fun would that be? I learned how to make these popsicles from Ms. Carolyn Akens. It is one of the recipes that Carolyn included in the Summer detox program.
You will need:
- coconut water
- fruit of your choice
- Popsicle molds
- and a good freezer.
I used blueberries, strawberries and kiwi for the fruit.
- Wash your fruit.
- Cut up your fruit in bite size pieces
- Add fruit to the Popsicle molds.
- Pour coconut water in molds. Leave a little space for the popsicle stick to fit and so that coconut water does not overflow.
- Place Popsicle molds in the freezer and freeze until solid.
- Remove Popsicle mold from freezer and enjoy!
Be creative and have fun!