These tips will help you kick-start any cleaning/detoxing regimen you do. Cleansing/detoxing is a good practice, but you want to make sure you have an effective cleansing experience. Below are tips that will help you get started and follow through the process of doing a cleanse.
Tips for an Effective Cleansing Experience
- Set a start date for cleansing and an ending date.
- Know why you are cleansing.
- Do not cleanse for a quick fix.
- Begin an elimination diet before you start your cleanse.
- Prepare your mind for cleansing.
- Rid your mind of toxic thoughts, feelings, and beliefs.
- Clear out your kitchen of poor quality and processed foods
- Stock your kitchen with clean, whole foods during your cleanse.
- Pay attention to nature. Do some deep breathing too.
- Don’t tell a lot of people that you are cleansing, because you may get negative feedback, especially if you are new to cleansing. You don’t need negative comments dampening your spirit.
- Have a strong support system.
- Pray, mediate, and take time for yourself.
- Slow down and take a break from speeding through life. This is a great way for you to increase and preserve your energy.
- Take a digital break.
- Follow the cleansing regimen.
- Do not quit your cleanse after breaking a rule or two. There’s always tomorrow.
- Continue your fitness routine. You may have to do low impact exercises, but keep moving.
- Read books and information about healthy living, self-improvement, personal development.
- Take photos of yourself before, during and after your cleanse.
- Gradually add foods you eliminated during the cleanse back to your diet. Be sure you pay attention to how your body responds.
Let’s go cleanse!