How To Trust the Process of the Journey, Without Worrying About the Outcome
No matter what you set out to do, it is important that you trust the process of the journey without worrying about the outcome.
It is easy to worry about the outcome when you do not know the journey will take you.
Who says you need to know how it will all turn out before you reach your destination? Worrying about the outcome of journey only slows down your progress.
Do not let the outcome of the journey cloud your mind the point where progress is far from your reach.
Most of you who are long-time readers know that I have a daughter who has Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome). There are times when I worry about my daughter’s future. The time I spend worrying about her future is a time for me to trust the process of the journey.
I used to worry a lot about my daughter’s future. You know that worry has you bound when you are lying awake at night worrying about future outcomes. I finally realized that if I spend my time worrying about a future that is not mine to control, I will miss the journey and the amazing lessons. Being present and living in the moment is far more important than my expectations could ever be.
How to Trust the Process of the Journey
Trusting the process of the journey is one of the hardest things to do. If you are trying to make healthy lifestyle changes, lose weight, stop emotional eating, or get adjusted to a new way of eating, you may find it difficult to trust the process especially when you are not seeing progress.
When you are so busy focusing on what you do not see, you tend to turn a blind eye to the real progress that you actually make.
Decide to today that you will trust the process of the journey and here are five (5) ways you can trust the process of the journey without worrying about the outcome.
1. Focus on the result. There is a difference if focusing and worrying. When you focus on the result you see yourself reaching your weight loss goals, but you are not worried about not losing weight. You envision yourself in a positive way and when you focus on the positive it cancels out all the negative thoughts. As a result, you persevere while staying on the journey.
2. Focus on your journey. It is easy to get caught up in other people’s journey, wishing your body looked like the person in the television commercial. You only see what you think is the perfect journey, you do not know what it took for that person to get to where they are in their journey. Trust your journey and that everything will work out exactly the way they should.
3. Focus on doing your best. You have to walk your talk and do your best. You have to bend with the curves of your journey no matter how deep the curves are and no matter how many bumps pop up on your journey, you cannot stop doing your best. When you do your best, you stay true to yourself.
4. Focus on living in the present (now). Living in the present (now) helps you trust the journey even more. You do not worry about the outcome because you trust that no matter what comes, you will be just fine. Worry is no longer a stop sign because you know that when you keep moving on the journey that the goal you set out to reach is achievable.
5. Focus on the process. When you focus on the process, you set yourself up for success. Before you can walk a mile, you have to take the first step. Everything has a process and when you trust the process you are confident that whatever comes your way you will stay on your journey.
My hope is that you trust the process of the journey, without focusing on the outcome. You new learn things about yourself that you never knew existed.
Do not let tomorrow still your today. Do not let the process of the journey get in the way achieving your goal.
Trust the process. Do not worry. Stay focused.
Image courtesy of Graur Razvan Ionut at FreeDigitalPhotos.net