Does it seem like when you set out to change, make healthy lifestyle changes, something always happens to set you back?
Well, I have experienced this many times. Sometimes I mess up by eating food that I know is not good for me. And when it comes to following an exercise routine, I do good for a time, then I start slacking.
In order to make change we must realize that change is not easy and that it can sometimes be a struggle. Preparation is key to not giving up so quickly.
Challenges, struggles and not believing that change is possible is natural. If you accept that change is good and that it is not an easy thing to do, then no matter what comes up you will follow through with those changes.
I see people making the same changes over and over, but they never get anywhere. In other words, they move a little and then they fall back into doing what they are comfortable doing. Then they repeat the process again.
The only way to not keep repeating the same thing, especially when you know it is a challenge, is to get your mind right. If you free your mind, the rest will follow.
Come to grips with realizing that nothing and no one will hinder your progress in making changes. Once you get this rooted in your mind then change will come.
A Few Quotes About Change
- If there is no struggle, there is no progress. – Frederick Douglass
- Always remember that the future comes one day at a time. – Dean Acheson
- Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts. – Arnold Bennett
- For changes to be of any true value they’ve got to be lasting and consistent. – Tony Robbins
- To change a habit, make a conscious decision, then act out the new behavior. – Maxwell Maltz
- For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘No’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. – Steve Jobs
- I really believe the only way to stay healthy is to eat properly, get your rest and exercise. If you don’t exercise and do the other two, I still don’t think it’s going to help you that much. – Mike Ditka
Change is good, but sometimes the struggle of the change causes you to not see the change to fruition. When you challenge yourself to make changes, know that change is not easy.
Stick with it and your change will come!
Image courtesy of Wiangya / FreeDigitalPhotos.net