Did you set any goals for yourself for 2016? I did not really set any goals, I just know that there are things I need to work on to continue improving myself. I have dubbed 2016 as the year for self-care and focus.
The two main things that keep popping up for me is self-care and focus. Today, I’ll share with you how I plan to focus and do self-care strategies that will help me be and do better in 2016.
Self-Care for a Nourished Body and Life
These are things that I just take for granted, but this year, I will do my best to adhere to what I know will help me (mind, body and spirit).
- spend time communing with God
- get to bed by 10 PM
- shut down the technology at 7-ish PM
- unplug digitally on the weekends
- have quiet time
- pamper myself
- be a mindful eater
- buy high-quality nutrient-dense foods
- steer clear from negativity when it’s in my power to do so
- move my body daily (fitness).
Focus is a Must for Success
If I am not focused, then I sure won’t be very successful in the self-care department.
Whatever the task, I will complete. The days of multitasking are over because multitasking actually results in getting less done.
- not multitask
- work on a project, complete it and move on to the next one
- be consistent
- let creativity have her perfect work
- not let anything or anyone be a distraction
- never stop learning
- be a better steward over everything in my life.
That’s about it. I feel uncomfortable writing a post that has lots of I(s), but sometimes, transparency is a good thing. My goal is to inspire you in hopes of helping you become a healthier you; mind, body, and spirit.
Please feel free to share your plans for 2016 in the comment section.