Quinoa is known is the “gold of Inca.” It is a good choice for those who eat a plant-based diet. Here’s a more information about quinoa:
- Helps sustain energy
- Promotes vitality
- High in protein. Complete protein and has all 9 amino acids
- *Good choice for vegans
- High in the amino acid lysine, which is essential for tissue growth and repair
- Good source of magnesium, iron, copper and phosphorous
- May be valuable to persons with migraine headaches, diabetes, and atherosclerosis
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup quinoa
2 1/4 cups of vegetable stock
1/2 cup un-sulphured dried cranberries
1/2 cup walnuts
1/4 cup organic Italian parsley
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan Pink sea salt
- Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer until water runs clear.
- Boil the vegetable stock and add quinoa and salt, cover and reduce heat.
After 15 minutes add cranberries and walnuts to top; do not stir.
Cook 5 minutes more, until all the liquid is absorbed.
Remove from heat, add parsley and fluff with fork, cover and let sit for 3-5 minutes and serve.
About Carolyn: As a world-renowned raw food educator, Carolyn has trained and coached raw food chefs, raw food instructors and raw pastry chefs locally, nationally, and internationally. Carolyn was mentioned in Jordan Rubin’s book, The Raw Truth, and has been featured in local and national magazines. Visit www.