“A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.” ~ Irish Proverb
“Sleep is the best meditation.” ~ Dalai Lama
“Sleep is that golden chain that ties health and our bodies together.” ~ Thomas Dekker
Are you sleeping well? Do you find it hard to get a good night’s rest? If I were a betting woman, I would bet that you do not always sleep well and it is sometimes hard for you to get a good night’s rest.
One of the main reasons why you are not getting a good night’s rest is because you do not unwind before retiring for bed, which makes it very hard for you to get good sleep.
Did you know that the body repairs and rejuvenates itself while you are sleeping? If you are not getting the rest that you need, your body cannot do its job efficiently.
I have some simple tips to help you get the best sleep ever. Are you ready to sleep like a baby? Ready, set, let’s go!
You may like this post: Pulling the Blinds on Sleepy Misconceptions
7 Ways to Get the Best Sleep Ever
1. Set a time for yourself to unwind. It doesn’t matter the time you choose to unwind, just pick a time and stick with it. Unwinding is a time when you get your mind, body, and spirit ready for relaxation. Do this at least one hour before bed.
2. Unplug from all devices. Turn off your television, computer, smartphone, and all other devices that emit light. Your brain needs rest from these devices.
3. Deep breathing and gentle stretching. Take time to breathe deeply. Deep breath helps slow you down and helps your body unwind. It is an excellent way for you to get your body in a state of relaxation. The same goes for gentle stretching.
4. Use a massage tool. Place the vibrating massage tool on the back of your neck and the middle part of your back. This feels good, and it is so relaxing. You will rest very well. I learned about this from Dr. Berg, and it works wonders for a good night’s rest.
5. Take an Epsom salt bath or take magnesium. Magnesium is known for its relaxation properties. Epsom salt baths are good, but you can also rub magnesium body gel or a magnesium spray on your skin before bed.
6. Drink herbal tea. During the process of unwinding, drinking an herbal tea known for relaxation properties is something you can do. I love this chamomile with lavender tea. Herbal teas help relax and calm you.
7. Have an unwinding ritual. A ritual means merely that you have certain things that you do and do not do before you go to sleep. Whatever you do, hopefully, it will include some of the tips I shared above.
Getting a good night’s rest and fantastic sleep is something that everyone needs.
There is a lot that goes on while you are sleeping. Did you know that getting good sleep helps you with weight loss? Well, it does.
Start today, implementing these tips so that you can get the best sleep ever.
If you enjoyed this post, please share it. Also, subscribe to my mailing list for blog post updates. – Thank you!
Image courtesy of tiverylucky at FreeDigitalPhotos.net