We are three weeks into 2016 and some of you have made it a goal to make lifestyle changes. These changes may include going to the gym more, losing weight, starting a new way of eating, or getting to bed at a certain time.
Are you finding it hard to stick with making lifestyle changes because you don’t have the support from your family and friends?
Today, I share with you some ways you can stick with making lifestyle changes, even when you don’t have support from family and friends.
Ways to Stick with Making Lifestyle Changes (when you don’t have support)
- Focus on why you are making the lifestyle changes.
- Pray for guidance and direction.
- Connect with people who are doing what you are doing.
- Don’t share that you are making lifestyle changes with your family and friends, especially if you know they are not supportive. Some things are best kept to yourself.
- Start journaling. Journaling helps you look within and gives you the strength and determination you need.
- Work with a professional to guide, support and be your lifestyle change advocate.
- If you use social media, connect with people on social media who have similar interests.
- Join online forums to learn and get support.
- Find meet-up groups in your area to connect with like-minded people.
- Ignore negativity from non-supporters. This is hard to do, but you have to remember why you are making the lifestyle changes. Focus on the positive and don’t let negativity reign in your world.
You can do anything you set your mind and will to do. It is easier when you have family and friends cheering you on, but when you don’t have the support; you have to be your own motivator.
Sometimes you have to encourage yourself!
Don’t let anyone cause you to stumble or lose focus. People will hinder you, but only if you let them.
Focus on the making the lifestyle changes that you have decided to make and keep moving.
“I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul.” – Excerpt from Invictus by William Ernest Henley
Subscribe to my Email List to receive blog post updates each time I publish new content. I publish content every Monday and Thursday.